APIs for NextGen® Office 5.0+
Section 170.404 Regulatory Information
Terms of Service
- API access to get the USCDI data in NextGen® Office is available for Patients (NextGen Office Patient Access API) and Providers (NextGen Office Smart App Launch API and NextGen Office Bulk FHIR API).
- There is no requirement for contracting with NextGen Healthcare for the API read (GET) routes for USCDIv1 data.
- There is no charge for usage of the read (GET) routes for USCDIv1 data.
- If you are a NextGen Office® client or developer organization interested in integration with the NextGen Office API, navigate to the Technical Documentation section below.
- If you are unsure of the instructions or do not yet have an interested client, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist.
- Information describing the electronically available USCDI data in NextGen Office® is available in the “NGO USCDI Data Details” tab of the NextGen Office® USCDI Data Details Grid (.xlsx).
- There are no fees for accessing the USCDIv1 data via the NextGen Office APIs, nor are there fees for taking an app that uses NextGen Office APIs to production.
- Available Value-Added Services:
- Developer Assistance (beyond normal support infrastructure); Rates vary according to time and depth of technical assistance required.
- No restrictions apply.
- NextGen Office Patient Access API (FHIR R3 or FHIR R4) or NextGen Office Smart Launch API and NextGen Office Bulk FHIR API for providers (FHIR R3 or FHIR R4):
- USCDIv1 read (GET) routes and C-CDAs are supported for the library of FHIR APIs > NextGen Office® USCDI Data Details Grid (.xlsx).
- Please refer to the NextGen Office section of https://www.nextgen.com/patient-access-api for technical details regarding the NextGen Office FHIR APIs.
- FHIR R3 + C-CDA > Route-level NextGen Office Patient Access API documentation is available here: https://petstore.swagger.io/?url=https://hfstatic.s3.amazonaws.com/swagger/fhir-swagger.yaml
- FHIR R4 + C-CDA > Route-level NextGen Office Patient Access API documentation is available here: https://petstore.swagger.io/?url=https://hfstatic.s3.amazonaws.com/swagger/swaggerR4.yaml
- FHIR R4 + C-CDA > Route-level NextGen Office Bulk FHIR API documentation is available here: https://petstore.swagger.io/?url=https://hfstatic.s3.amazonaws.com/swagger/Bulk-API-R4-Swagger.yml
Process Definition for NextGen Office FHIR API App Developers to Move to Production:
- FHIR R3 + CCDA > Please refer to the NextGen® Office FHIR R3 Patient API Developer Guide for process details.
- FHIR R4 + CCDA > Please see the below documentation for the developer application registration process and detailed walk through steps using the applicable API.
- Patient Access API: NextGen® Office FHIR R4 Patient Access API Developer Guide
- Smart App Launch API: NextGen® Office FHIR R4 Smart App Launch API Developer Guide
- Bulk FHIR API: NextGen® Office FHIR R4 Bulk FHIR API Developer Guide