e-Prescribing makes practicing medicine easier, more efficient
Each year, prescription errors contribute to billions of deaths and illnesses—as well as billions of wasted dollars.
Get an easy-to-use solution to illegible handwriting, incorrect dosing, and missed drug-drug or drug-allergy reactions
with our ePrescribing and medication management solution.
- Improve prescribing quality, reduce errors for better care
- Cut costs, save hours each day for better business performance
- Meet MU requirements more easily
It’s all possible with the electronic prescribing and medication management solution that’s part of
NextGen Ambulatory EHR.
- Electronically prescribe medications, including controlled substances
- Receive refill requests from pharmacies
- Use “merged prescribe” and “mail order pharmacy” functionality to further automate care
Improve clinical quality and accuracy
Surescripts awarded NextGen ePrescribing the White Coat of Quality for helping to achieve high standards
of ePrescribing clinical quality and accuracy.
- Get allergy, drug-to-drug, and disease interaction alerts
- Check formulary and eligibility—in real time
- Query pharmacies for the last two years of a patient’s medication history
e-Prescribing: a must-have for regulatory compliance
- Our certified system supports your MU Stage 1 and 2 objectives
- Achieve MU incentive requirements by using our system to meet the National Council for Prescription Drug Program’s 10.6 standards for data transmission
- NextGen e-Prescribing is intuitive and easy to use
- E-prescribing is integrated into our EHR system and connected directly to pharmacies
- Prescriptions are sent electronically directly to the patient’s pharmacy in minutes
- E-prescribing helps prevent fraudulent prescriptions of controlled substances
- Patients love the convenience and time savings of electronic prescriptions
- Providers can submit 90-day prescriptions directly to mail order pharmacies
- Our partnership with Surescripts® makes ePrescribing virtually effortless and secure
- Tens of thousands, over 50%, of our providers are already successful using NextGen ePrescribing
- NextGen solutions are interoperable across platforms and with other systems – both inside and outside of your organization