January 6, 2016
EHR must-haves for building a successful solo practice from scratch
Dr. Michael Sergeant and his wife, Beth, found themselves on a mission for the best EHR as they ventured into solo territory after 26 years of co-owning a private neurology practice. Faced with the choice of selling the practice and becoming an employee, or branching out on his own, Dr. Sergeant chose the latter. For his wife, Beth Sergeant (who’d spent most of her adult life pursuing art — not a career in medical billing), building a practice from the ground up proved to be no small task. She discovered that finding the right EHR was key to surviving and thriving in a state where very few independent neurologists remained. “We’ve found ways to really make the system work for our practice. We could never have gotten by without it and compared to other systems, MediTouch has proved to be much better,” says Sergeant.
Becoming a solo practice means thinking about the office every day, no matter where you are. "We're not always in the office and MediTouch allows me to work from anywhere. We don't have an answering service — we are the answering service — and having access to records 24 hours a day as well as the ability to fax, wherever we are, has been so helpful."
"I would definitely recommend MediTouch to other small practices," Sergeant says. "From set-up, it was never lacking. I look at people now still using paper, and I think, 'How do you do it?'"
Dr. Michael Sergeant, MD
Neurologist, Bourbonnais, IL
- Independent neurology specialist with more than 20 years in private practice
- Solo practice physician
- NextGen MediTouch partner since 2009
After partnering with another physician for 26 years, Dr. Michael Sergeant's two-doctor neurology practice was acquired by a hospital in 2008. Dr. Sergeant wanted to retain his autonomy, independent practice and ability to help patients on his own terms.
- Full functionality on the iPad for those who prefer the touch screen to typing and the ability to chart from anywhere
- Ability to bill internally, without outsourcing billing services
- The abundance of tasks that could be automated and done much quicker with MediTouch than were performed manually, such as e-faxing
- Easy control of revenue leaks and cash flow
- Claims clearinghouse to easily keep track of claims
- Education on MACRA and other government programs